Los Angeles — Recently, I caught up with "Jane By Design" costume designer Olivia Miles again; this time for an assignment she could not resist, as the first guest agent in the On My Radar series. If you recall, I interviewed the talented stylist about her role for the show and all those lovely fashions that the cast wears week-to-week. Lucky for us, she agreed to be a guest agent and share with us what's on her radar. Click on the tear sheet above to see featured items on her radar and discover more of her must-haves below.
Here's more scoop on many of her favorite indulgences from fashion and beauty to food and entertainment:
- Hérmes leather cuffs.
- I love Pierre Hardy, Lanvin, and Belle by Sigerson Morrison shoes.
- Loving the earthy, sexy looks of one of my favorite jewelry designers for Entourage, Jane by Design, and life itself: Jessica Matrasko.
- Stylist and jewelry designer Anna Herrington has made some incredible statement pieces that I have been lucky enough to feature in several projects. On my wish list is black and chocolate diamond rings, and anything in rose gold.
- Raiding outnet.com, sensse.com, vintage shops and sample sales for one of a kind finds and deals.
- Zara is always a good place for affordable, interesting pieces. I'm too crazed to be fixated on any one fashion brand, and while I admire many, my look changes day to day.
- Mineral makeup and hats for zit-free sun protection.
- Chanel brushes and nail polish.
- As a mascara freak, I am a fan of Armani mascara and Fiberwig lash extension mascara.
- Moroccan Oil products or Wen for hair.
- My favorite place to get a facial is Peaches Skincare in Santa Barbara. They taught me to use milk of magnesia on my face as a clarifying mask. Weird, but it works!
- "August: Osage County" was my favorite recent play. I am interested to see how the movie version compares. I tear up my accounts at Amazon.com and Powells.com for books. I have to read real ones. I haven't gotten into the tablet thing.
- I subscribe to the New Yorker and New York Times to keep current.
- This summer, my favorite movies so far have been "Bernie" and "Ted," though I've got a lot of indies on my list to see, like "Beasts of the Southern Wild" and "Your Sister's Sister."
- The MOCA Geffen in Los Angeles is my go-to museum.
- Visiting Buenos Aires last winter was fantastic; so much public art, park space, and an incredible modern museum.
- Travel keeps my mind open and my perspective fresh. Being in nature is the thing that most inspires me.
- Another favorite pursuit. I love the food movement sweeping the world. There's nothing like heading to a new city or region and tracking down the good food. I will try anything! Must have snacks: dried seaweed, raw almonds, kale salad. Beverages: sparkling water with fresh herbs and wine. Oysters, too.
The Chic Spy