Are you the next Chic Spy Asset?
Do you enjoy reading the latest scoop on fashion and pop culture? Are you highly organized and extremely creative? Does your social media playlist read like a Who’s Who, with a gazillion friends and followers? If you answered a resounding YES to all the above, then you could have what it takes to be an Asset with the Chic Spy Studio™, a virtual internship program for those seeking careers in fashion, journalism, and media.
Why be a Chic Spy Asset?
Where other publications have ‘interns’ we have ‘Assets,’ because we recognize that regardless of your experience, the role you have in our publication is significant to our success. We also believe that the role we can play in your career, is just as significant. Often times, internships in the fashion, media, and journalism fields are non paid, but that’s not the case with the new Chic Spy Studio™ program.
In our new program, Assets produce weekly articles over a four-month period during Fall, Spring, and May semesters and receive compensation for each article submitted and published. Another great aspect of being a Chic Spy Asset, is working remotely. No matter where you are in the country–you can pitch, write, and even style for TheChicSpy.com. Set your own flexible schedule, meet with our team virtually, attend local events, and submit your work online.
TheChicSpy.com allowed me to explore my writing capabilities and learn my voice. Not only was I able to write about one of my favorite topics, fashion, but I was also able to venture into different areas such as beauty and entertainment. By the end of my internship, I had clips that assisted me in landing my first paid internship out of college. More than anything else, writing for TheChicSpy.com gave me confidence in my work.
– Alyssa Ford, Syracuse University, Magazine Journalism (view portfolio)
- Concept and pitch articles.
- Interview industry insiders, key influencers, and celebrities.
- Write and edit articles for publication.
- Create graphics and artwork for articles.
- Develop weekly content on topics such as fashion trends, beauty must-haves, movie reviews, insider interviews, pop culture news, and social media features.
- Use personalized author page with profile picture, brief bio, and social links to promote published works.
- Receive outbound work kit from Brandtini.com with tools to help with personal brand to professionally promote ‘Asset’ and their work.
- Learn how to professionally position oneself on social media, as well as launch or refresh your LinkedIn portfolio.
I got the opportunity to interview one of my favorite actors [Ashton Kutcher]. I couldn’t believe I was sitting right next to a star. At the end of the interview, I felt like a million bucks and it was like I could do an interview with anyone. My confidence changed.
– Jazelle Prado, Academy of Art University, Communications & Media Technologies (view portfolio)
Who should apply?
College students entering their junior year, recent college or post graduates, and professionals transitioning from another career field, are welcome to apply to the Chic Spy Studio™ virtual internship program.
How can I apply?
- Complete the online questionnaire between Feb. 22, 2017 and May 31, 2017.
- Submit your resume/CV along with three (3) related references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit an original 750-1000 word evergreen article on a current hot topic in fashion, entertainment, or pop culture that is a good fit for TheChicSpy.com, to email@example.com.
- The top 10 articles will be selected to be featured on TheChicSpy.com and shared on TheChicSpy.com social media.
- Each of the top 10 finalists are required to promote their article on the website and social media.
- The top five (5) articles with the most unique comments on the website and shares on Facebook, will be reviewed by a panel and a winner or winners, will be selected to be the next Chic Spy Asset(s).
Whether it’s PR, publicity, social media, event planning, content writing, you have to know all of it and not just one part. TheChicSpy definitely teaches you that and it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.
– Danny Zamora, Arizona State University, Communication (view portfolio)
– If you have any questions, use the form below to contact us. –