Eloisa Serrano founder of Bay Thread
San Francisco — The Bay Area is known for its up and coming designers with an eclectic design sense melding vintage prints and Bohemian silhouettes. Eloisa Serrano, who isn't new to the design business – she launched a collection of reversible dresses with business partner Myrda Monasterial for Revelation By Me – has launched a new label called simply "Eloisa." The line is part of her new venture Bay Thread, which carries looks from other designers such as A. Anthony Designs, as well as offers resources to help designers manufacture their designs. I recently caught up with the savvy entrepreneur to discuss her new endeavor and get the scoop about what's on her radar. Here's what she had to say:
My new line consists of every day pieces for effortless looks with trendy details.
The Chic Spy: Which types of services are available through Bay Thread?
Eloisa Serrano: Bay Thread can assist creative minds with design, development and production services. We offer pattern making, grading, sample making and low minimum manufacturing at affordable prices.
A. Athony Designs silk geo print blouse, $170.
Eloisa Serrano shares 5 tips for fall:
- Velvet is going to be a big trend for fall and it can easily be achieved by any fashionista. Look for simple classic pieces like a velvet blazer with clean lines or a pencil skirt.
- If you wore printed pants this summer make sure you transition them to fall by wearing them with layered sweaters, leather jackets or with blouses in neutral hues.
- Peplums continue to be strong. To get more out of the trend opt for items with more versatility like a blouse or jacket with a peplum, instead of a dress.
- Embellished collars are a trend I am really looking forward to and every fashionista should have one or two pieces in their closet this season.
- Be extra edgy this season with leather or extra feminine with lace. These two materials are a must have this fall so try combining them together to create the perfect look for you.
TCS: Which vacation spot is on your radar?
ES: I would have to say Brazil. With the booming economy and fashion, beauty and aviation industries, it is a perfect time to visit and explore the culture and the great things the country has to offer. I can totally see myself exploring the streets, with sketchbook and camera in hand!
TCS: If you were a Chic Spy Agent, what would be your code name?
ES: La Femme Eloisa!
For more information on Bay Thread services, visit baythread.com.
The Chic Spy