In the words of Manhattan’s chicest Manolo-wearing columnist
It’s hard to believe it has been more than 20 years since “Sex and the City” (1998-2014) debuted on HBO and we first met the four BFFs Carrie Bradshaw, Charlotte York, Samantha Jones and Miranda Hobbes live it up in New York City. Narrated form the perspective of style-savvy writer Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker), we were regaled with the latest happenings of the chic quartet, from their romantic escapades to their enviable closets. Lucky for us, when the TV series ended, two movies followed—”Sex and the City: The Movie” (2008) and “Sex and the City 2” (2010).
Just as chic as Carrie’s fashions were the witty quotes she musingly muttered. Here are our favorite Carrie Bradshaw quotes:
1. “I like my money right where I can see it–hanging in my closet.”
2. “Shopping is my cardio.”
3. “Some labels are best left in the closet.”
Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with.
5. “Women come to New York for the two L’s: Labels and Love.”
6. “And we were dressed from head to toe in love–the only label that never goes out of style.”
7. “He’s not my boyfriend. He’s just somebody I’m trying on.”
When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, Sometimes I bought Vogue instead of dinner. I found it fed me more.
9. “They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.”
10. “Don’t forget to fall in love with yourself first.”
11. “Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies.”
Please sir, you can take my Fendi baguette, you can take my ring and watch, but you can’t take my Manolo Blahniks.
13. “They say life is what happens while you’re busy making plans.”
14. “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And, if you find someone to love the you that you love, well, that’s just fabulous.”
15. “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.”
Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.
17. “You can never have too many pairs of shoes.”
18. “The universe may not always play fair but at least it’s got a hell of a sense humor.”
19. “Somewhere out there is another little freak who will love us and understand us and kiss our three heads and make it all better.”
Some love stories aren’t epic novels, some are short stories. But that doesn’t make them any less filled with love.