Brie Larson sports looks that are zeitgeist of 1970s
When we think of 70’s fashion, some of the looks that come to mind are fashioned with unforgettable details such as bell bottom pants, oversized collars, and psychedelic prints. These are some of the styles sported in the film “Free Fire,” which opens Friday, April 21st. The comedic thriller takes a parodic look at gun violence. Starring Academy Award-winning Brie Larson (Room) and Armie Hammer (The Man From U.N.C.L.E.), the film follows Larson and Hammer, who become embroiled in an illegal arms deal that goes awry in a deserted Boston warehouse.
As fired up as I am about the plot in this film, I’m just as stoked about the retro styling in the film and and recreating those looks. Here’s a roundup of modern pieces that capture that 70’s flair.
- Don a retro-inspired silky blouse in a vibrant jewel tone like the Gucci Pussy-bow metallic silk-blend jacquard blouse.
- Sport bell-bottom style denim with a distressed look like the Current/Elliott ‘The Low Bell’ jeans.
- Step out in a funky pair of boots or wedges with an cool print like the Saint Laurent Loulou Brocade ankle boots.
- Ditch the gunmetal and carry a metallic bag in a bucket style like Larson does in the film or a more covert envelope clutch like the Rebecca Minkoff ‘Leo’ hologram leather envelope clutch.
- Stay low key, but sleek in oversized aviators like the Ray-Ban matte gold and brown mirror aviator.
- Compliment your retro look with glitzy geometric-shape jewelry like the Betsey Johnson two-tone multi-crystal mesh drop earrings.