SJ Couture shares bridal style tips to fashion unique wedding looks
At one point in time, every girl has dreamed about what her fairytale wedding would look like, from the groom to the ring, and then, there’s the dress. But seldom are new brides willing to venture too far from the traditional wedding garb a.k.a white wedding gown, cathedral length veil, and typically kitschy bridesmaid dresses. But one designer is encouraging brides to write their own fairytale, starting with the dress. Featuring an array of designs that are far from the status quo. Jeanne Hankerson of SJ Couture fashions a luxurious line of wedding gowns made in New York from European silks. Since this month kicks off the peak wedding season, I recently caught up with Jeanne to get intel on how brides can create a wedding to remember. Here are her bridal style tips:
1. Wouldn’t it be lovely to wear your wedding ensemble again for another occasion? A 2-piece look makes it possible.
2. Jeans at a wedding? Rustic chic. Designer jeans in a wedding? Trés chic! It’s a look guaranteed to set your big day apart from the rest!
3. Feel fabulous in whatever you choose to wear, but above all, be you! Sport a wedding day look that reflects your own personal style—combat boots, anyone?
4. Color isn’t just for the bouquet and bridesmaid dresses. Make a bold statement on your special day with a colorful dress or skirt.
5. Who says you can’t wear black to a wedding. It’s your day! Make it a black tie affair and say yes to a little black dress!
For more information on products, visit SJ Couture, Diego Milano, and Theresa Harnois