New York Cosmetic Dentists Share Eight DIY Tips
NEW YORK — Usually when we pay a visit to the dentist we don’t expect to get tips that recommend we indulge in activities such as shopping for red lipstick and sipping vodka-infused cocktails, but that’s just a couple of the tips from cosmetic dentists at Lowenberg, Lituchy & Kantor, who have worked on the smiles of celebrities ranging from actors to musicians.
The NYC-based dentists have shared eight tips with us for whiter teeth and fresher breath, so next time you make a quick run to the market for a whitening solution or peppermint strips, consider these DIY tips.
- Mix baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and brush teeth with solution to remove surface stains. Crest Whitestrips are also a good at-home option for whitening teeth in a pinch.
- Chew raw, crunchy vegetables to help mechanically remove surface stains.
- Wear lip shades with blue undertones. It contracts the whiteness of teeth and makes teeth appear brighter.
- Coat your teeth with a thin layer of Vaseline to protect before drinking red wine or teeth-staining foods.
- Use a tongue scraper to remove plaque from the fissures of the tongue.
- Order a cocktail with vodka. It kills the bacteria in the mouth that causes bad breath but hold off on a sugary mixer because it will bind to teeth and trigger the odor-causing bacteria.
- Eat parsley on a regular basis to combat bad breath that is a result of digestion.
- Rinse twice daily with an ADA-recommended antiseptic mouth rinse.
Disclaimer: This content is provided for entertainment purposes only. TheChicSpy.com does not guarantee or warrant the above content.